Bromo Tourist Quota Increases 10 Percent: 1,634 People per Day

168
bromo

The central government has raised the tourist quota for Mount Bromo again, amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The quota increased 10 percent, 1,634 tourists per day.

On 12 September, the tourist quota for Bromo reached 40 percent. Then on November 11 it rose 10 percent. So, the total quota of visitors currently reaches 50 percent ahead of the new year’s long holiday.

The increase in the tourist quota was the result of a meeting of all parties, so the government received an additional 10 percent quota. The consideration is that visitors cannot enter Mount Bromo tours on weekends and holidays, because they have reached the 40 percent quota.

With a quota of 50 percent per day, tourists who can enter Bromo Tourism reach 1,634 people. Previously, only 1,265 tourists could enjoy the beauty of the natural panorama on Mount Bromo.

Until now, visitors are required to wear masks, bring hand sanitizers, diligently wash their hands and keep their distance. Head of Section 1 of Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park (TNBTS), Sarmin, said the additional visit quota is from 4 entrances, there are from Probolinggo, Malang, Pasuruan and Lumajang districts.

“The addition of the maximum quota of 10 percent from the central government becomes a total of 50 percent, from all entrances of 4 regencies. The increase in quota is from the 1 month evaluation results. Many tourists on holidays do not get a quota, also for the long holiday of new year, ” Sarmin said, Friday (20/11/2020).

He added that the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Environment increased the visitor quota based on the evaluation results of the last 1 month. During its opening, there were no cases and findings of visitors exposed to COVID-19, and almost all tourists adhered to health protocols.

“Many tourists do not get quota on holidays, and there are no cases of visitors exposed to COVID-19.  In addition, all tourists obey the health protocols,” he added.

Officers will take firm action against tourists who violate health protocols. The person concerned will be immediately issued by the TNBTS officers.