Face-to-face Learning Begins Today in Jakarta

face to face learning in jakarta

Today, schools in Jakarta are officially conducted offline or face-to-face learning. This policy is applied to regions with PPKM levels 1 to 3.

Policies related to face-to-face school implementation are contained in the Joint Decree of the Minister of Education and Culture number 03/KB/2021, Minister of Religion Number 384 of 2021, Minister of Health Number HK 01.08/Menkes/4422/2021, and the Minister of Internal Affairs Number 440-717 of 2021.

Anies Baswedan, the Governor of DKI Jakarta, said that starting Monday (August 30), 610 schools from all levels of education in Jakarta will hold face-to-face learning.

“610 schools will start, starting from all levels and they are schools that have passed verification,”

SAID ANIES.

Anis added that the hundreds of schools had to go through two assessments, namely related to the readiness of infrastructure and the readiness of school principals, teachers, and parents.

One of the assessment requirements is that teachers in schools have been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is recorded that 85 percent of teachers in Jakarta have received the Covid-19 vaccine, while the remaining 15 percent have comorbidities.

On the one hand, students are not required to receive the Covid-19 vaccine if they want to take part in face-to-face learning.

“Because the child is vaccinated or not, it’s not the child’s decision, it’s the parents’ decision. Children who haven’t been vaccinated are usually because their parents don’t allow them to be vaccinated,” said Anies. 

“If they can’t go to school because their parents don’t allow them to be vaccinated, then it’s like they were punished twice, once they were banned from getting vaccinated and the second time they were banned from school,” he continued.

The phases of face-to-face learning in Jakarta include:

  • The transition period, lasting for 2 months from the start of limited face-to-face meetings in the education unit. Includes a learning schedule, the number of study days in a week, and the number of hours of study each day, as well as the division of study groups.
  • The period of new habits, begins when the transition period is complete. If it is categorized in the PPKM Level 3 area and below or the green zone, then the education unit enters a new period of habit.

Meanwhile, the learning method is blended learning, combining the face-to-face learning process in the classroom with e-learning.