The Ministry of PUPR gave awards to Toll Road Business Entities (BUJT) as toll road managers who have been named winners in various categories from the 2021 Sustainable Toll Road & Rest Area Assessment activities. This award was presented to coincide with the peak of the 76th Public Works Service Day. given directly by the Minister of PUPR Basuki Hadimuljono.
The Sustainable Toll Road Assessment for 2021 is carried out by the Ministry of PUPR in 63 toll road sections and 123 rest areas on the islands of Java, Sumatra, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, and Bali. The sustainable toll road assessment is carried out by 4 assessment teams consisting of individual experts as well as assessors from the Ministry of PUPR. Each toll road section and rest area are assessed by two different assessment teams.
The assessment of Sustainable Toll Roads is not only seen from the aspect of quality toll road construction, then operating, but also can be developed through waste management along toll roads, environmental management of toll roads in general. Then each of these aspects is carried out through very good development stages going forward.
The context of sustainable toll roads focuses almost 80% on the implementation of the SPM for the implementation of toll roads, then the other 20% will be added to things that can support efforts to control environmental impacts such as the impact of air pollution, the impact of greenhouse emissions, and other impacts that affect the level of comfort for motorists on toll roads.
In addition, later toll roads and rest areas are expected to be utilized optimally for the development of the surrounding area, one of which is by prioritizing the availability of business space for owners of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the rest area. The availability of rest areas can increase the promotion of local product brands to the community so as to provide economic benefits for the surrounding community. The percentage of MSME and non-MSME tenants currently in toll road rest areas throughout Indonesia is 76% MSMEs and 24% non-MSMEs.
Through product branding and local culture and complemented by environmental aesthetic improvements, it is hoped that in the next five years each toll road and rest area will have distinctive characteristics so that they can also function as local tourist attractions.
Here is the list of winners.
The best award categories for the Toll Road segment based on road length & Elevated Toll Road construction above ground:
- Toll roads less than 15 Kilometers by Makassar Toll Road Section IV managed by BUJT PT Toll Road Section Four
- The toll road section 16 to 50 Kilometers by Pandaan – Malang Toll Road is managed by the BUJT PT Jasamarga Pandaan – Malang
- Toll road more than 15 Kilometers by Jakarta – Bogor – Ciawi Toll Road managed by BUJT PT Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk
- Elevated Toll Road by Prof. Toll Road. Dr. Ir. Soedijatmo is managed by BUJT PT Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk
Best Rest Area & Service (Rest Area) award categories:
- Rest Area KM 429A Semarang – Solo Toll Road managed by PT Linggajati Qaireen
- Rest Area KM 88B Cipularang Toll Road managed by PT Jasamarga Related Business
- Rest Area KM 97B Cipularang Toll Road managed by PT Ingsu Jaya
- Rest Area KM 456A & 456B Semarang – Solo Toll Road managed by PT Astari Marga Sarana
- Rest Area KM 487A & 487B Semarang – Solo Toll Road managed by PT Trans Marga Central Java