The Indonesian capital has 33 towers and 7,421 new tenement units (Rusunawa) spread across several areas of DKI Jakarta. DKI Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan symbolically inaugurated this construction at Rusunawa Penjaringan, North Jakarta, on Thursday (18/8).
He said that this figure was a record for the construction of the most tenement units in the last five years. He also hopes that the program will not only stop at 33 towers of flats.
“We want to continue and provide more for Jakarta residents. We want the state to provide support for the basic needs of its citizens, clothing, food, and housing,” he said.
According to him, the government is responsible for providing the people’s needs for clothing, food, and housing. One of them is a decent place to live.
“This is a form of state presence to ensure equal opportunities for every citizen to be able to get prosperity and happiness in urban areas through quality housing,” he said.
Anies said that the Rusunawa that had been built prioritized the empowerment of its residents so that it was equipped with accessibility to public transportation, provision of business space for MSMEs, and other supporting facilities.
In addition, there are also skills training to build a more prosperous life for residents.
Furthermore, Anies was quoted from the PPID page, Thursday (18/8/2022), saying, “We hope that this house and residence will become a habitat for the healthy and happy growth and development of families in Jakarta.”
The following is a list of the locations of the flats which were inaugurated by Anies Baswedan.
- Revitalization of Rusunawa Penjaringan, North Jakarta
- Revitalization of Rusunawa Karanganyar, Central Jakarta
- Revitalization of Rusunawa Cipinang Besar Utara, East Jakarta
- Rusunawa Pulogadung East Jakarta
- Rusunawa Ujung Menteng, East Jakarta
- Rusunawa Cakung Barat, East Jakarta
- Rusunawa Pulo Jahe, East Jakarta
- Labor-Intensive Flats
- Rusunawa Kelapa Gading Timur, North Jakarta
- Beautiful Kapuk Beach Flats
- Rusunawa Pulo Gebang, East Jakarta
- Daan Mogot Flats, West Jakarta