The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM) has announced that the electricity tariffs for 13 non-subsidized customer groups for the period of July-September 2023 will remain unchanged. The decision on electricity tariffs will be effective from July 1, 2023, until September 30, 2023.
Despite the strengthening macro indicators compared to the previous three months, the Ministry of ESDM has decided to maintain the electricity tariffs for the third quarter of 2023. This decision aims to sustain the purchasing power of the society and enhance the competitiveness of industries amid the current economic recovery momentum.
Director General of Electricity at ESDM, Jisman P. Hutajulu, stated, “This decision is made to preserve the purchasing power of the society and consider the current conditions of the society and industries.” (quoted from the press release on Thursday, June 22, 2023).
Regarding the unchanged non-subsidized electricity tariffs for the third quarter of 2023, Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN) or the State Electricity Company is prepared to comply with the government’s decision.
Darmawan Prasodjo, CEO of PLN, affirmed the commitment of the company to continue efficiency measures and ensure reliable electricity supply for the public following the government’s decision. He stated, “Electricity is the lifeblood of the national economy. With this tariff determination, the national economy, which is currently on a positive trend, is expected to further improve.” (quoted from the press release on Tuesday, June 27, 2023).
The electricity tariff rates for the July-September 2023 period for household sectors are as follows:
- Subsidized households with power of 450 Volt Ampere (VA) will be charged Rp415 per kilowatt hour (kWh).
- Subsidized households with power of 900 VA will be charged Rp605 per kWh.
- Subsidized households with power of 900 VA (capable households) will be charged Rp1,352 per kWh.
- Subsidized households with power ranging from 1,300 to 2,200 VA will be charged Rp1,444.70 per kWh.
- Subsidized households with power of 3,500 VA and above will be charged Rp1,699.53 per kWh.