The government continues to push for the maximum national vaccinations target. The public is asked to immediately carry out stage 1 and 2 vaccinations. Furthermore, the government also encourages people who have already received two doses of vaccine to immediately carry out a booster vaccination.
However, it turns out that there are several criteria for people who should not be vaccinated against the Covid-19 booster.
It is known previously, that the booster vaccine program has been started on January 12, 2022, and aims to strengthen the effect of vaccinations that have been given previously.
The Indonesian Ministry of Health issued a circular regarding the implementation of the COVID-19 booster vaccination. In this circular, it is regulated about who will receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
In Circular Letter Number HK.02.02/II/252/2022 concerning Advanced Dose (Booster) COVID-19 Vaccination, before vaccination, screening is carried out first.
Only people who pass the screening are allowed to get a booster vaccine according to the combination of vaccine types that have been determined by the government.
Furthermore, here are the criteria for people who are not allowed to have the COVID-19 booster vaccine:
- The temperature is above 37.5 degrees Celsius, the vaccination is postponed until the temperature is normal.
- If blood pressure > 140/90, blood pressure measurement is repeated for 5-10 minutes. If it is still high then the vaccination is postponed.
- Pregnant women whose gestational age is less than 13 weeks.
- Pregnant women who have complaints and signs of preeclampsia.
- Uncontrolled comorbid diseases such as heart disease, diabetes mellitus, HIV, hyperthyroidism, chronic kidney disease, and liver disease.
- People with autoimmune diseases such as lupus. If controlled a booster can be given.
- People receive treatment for blood clotting disorders, blood disorders, immune deficiencies, and recipients of blood products/transfusions. The vaccine was postponed and referred to the hospital.
- People who are receiving immunosuppressant treatment such as corticosteroids and chemotherapy. The vaccine was postponed and referred to the hospital.
- People with uncontrolled comorbid diseases such as liver, heart, diabetes, HIV, hyperthyroidism, and chronic kidney disease.
Furthermore, it is known that the Government has officially issued regulations for domestic travelers or domestic travelers who want to move between regions during the Covid-19 pandemic.
This is stated in the Circular of the Covid-19 Task Force Number 16 of 2022 which was signed by the Chair of the Covid-19 Task Force, Suharyanto on April 2, 2022, regarding the latest regulations for domestic travel.
In the SE, it is regulated that every domestic traveler who has been vaccinated with a third or booster dose, does not need to do a Covid-19 test as a condition of travel.
Meanwhile, for people who have just been vaccinated with two doses, they still have to be tested for antigen for a maximum of 1×24 hours or PCR for 3×24 hours, and for people who have just been vaccinated with one dose, the PCR test must be a maximum of 3×24 hours.