WhatsApp can no longer be used on several smartphones that use the old Android and iOS operating systems in 2021.
Launching Live Mint, the announcement of WhatsApp will only be compatible with phones running the Android 4.0.3 operating system and the later operating systems, as well as iPhones running iOS 9 and the other later iOS.
The list of smartphones that cannot use WhatsApp anymore in 2021 are:
– All iPhones with iOS 8 or below. iPhone 4 and previous models will no longer be able to use the WhatsApp service in 2021.
Meanwhile, for the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6S, the iOS must be updated to iOS 9 to be able to use WhatsApp. The iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, and iPhone SE still get iOS 14 support.
– All Android 4.0.3 or below. Entrepreneur Launches, the smartphones list is:
1. HTC Desire
2. LG Optimus Black
3. Motorola Droid Razr
4. Samsung Galaxy S2
Meanwhile, WhatsApp offers a way to check the operating system on the smartphones we use:
1. Check on the Settings menu.
2. Select the About System or About Device option.
3. The Android version will appear on your smartphone.
If your device is using an Android version later than Android 4.0.3, this means that your smartphone can still be used to access WhatsApp.
However if your cellphone is the old version, that means you need to change your cellphone so you can keep using the WhatsApp service.